Saturday 31 December 2016

2016, What a year

Hi!
2016 has been a roller coaster year with plenty of highs and lows, both in general and for me personally. The world has witnessed the happier times of 2016 such as the Olympics, the Queen’s 90th Birthday and the darker times of Brexit, loosing countless icons and a certain someone being elected president. In the end 2016 turned out to be an amazing year for me! I’ve achieved so much this year and I’ve grown so much as a person, I’m incredibly proud of myself!



Goals I wanted to achieve this year

At the start of the year I set myself several goals that I wanted to achieve by the end of this year. Let’s see how many I managed to achieve.

Enjoy my final year at college: There were times I found college difficult and challenging but overall I’d say yes I did enjoy my final year at college. I have so many good memories from visiting London, Leavers prom ect. 



Get good A-level results: I definitely achieved this one and I was so proud of myself for coming out with BBC. After everything, it all paid off in the end and there is no better feeling than achieving what I did

Get into my top choice university: If you’ve been reading my blog, then you’ll know I’m now at university. I’m at my first choice university and I’m studying my dream course, I couldn’t have been happier!



Learn to drive and pass my driving test: Sadly I didn’t meet this goal and I’m currently not sure when I’ll achieve this. Hopefully in a few years time I’ll be able to drive

Pass my QTS tests: I passed both my QTS tests first time round and it took a massive weight off my shoulders! I was so happy and proud of myself, especially as I was terrified for the maths one

Learn to cook: I’ve partly achieved this, as I can now cook very basic meals. However I still have a long way to go and hopefully this year I’ll develop my cooking skills further

Learn new hairstyles and new ways to apply makeup: Again partly achieved. I’ve now included putting on powder and learnt what primer is (yes my make up skills are very basic). I still need to develop my hair and make up skills but I’m getting there



Master putting on eyeliner:
Achieved! I can now do my own eyeliner which I’m very happy about. Yes it sometimes looks a little wobbly but it still looks good

Stay healthy and exercise plenty:
I’d say I’ve definitely been healthy and I do still exercise. However I could do with a more healthy diet and exercising more to improve my fitness



Have a positive mindset:
2016 certainly threw lots of challenges and difficult times my way and on top of that I’ve had to have numerous battles with my anxiety. However I’ve always had a positive outlook which has really helped me!

Whilst I didn’t achieve every single goal, I achieved the main ones and I couldn’t be happier at where I am now!

2016 and blogging



This year has been such a BIG year for blogging for me. I reached 10,000 page views and I’m now not far off 20,000 page views. I feel my blog has grown so much over the past year and I’m so proud of that. Something I’m even more proud of, and never imagined was possible, is that I’ve been able to blog for a mental health charity to help raise awareness, definitely my proudest blogging moment of 2016. I’ve also become part of the blogging community, something I’m really happy about, as it’s great to read so many different blogs.

Goals for 2017

· Become more flexible and stretch daily

· Find a balance between blogging and university life

· Successfully complete my first year at university

· Focus on self care and looking after myself

· Overcome my anxiety and not let it get in the way of my life

Lots of my favourite bloggers have also been sharing what 2016 has been like for them and you should check them out!

Steph at Love Steph


Sally at Litte Budget
I hope you all have a fabulous 2017. What are your goals for this year?


1 comment:

A Beautiful Chaos said...

Sounds like you have had a very busy and productive year! You've achieved so much, you should be so proud of yourself! Keep working hard and I know 2017 will bring great things for you xx

http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/