Sunday 9 October 2016

Eat Well for Less Recipe #2: Lazy girls pasta

Hi!

Firstly, sorry for the lack of posts, university is taking priority now so I won’t be posting as much (however I will still be posting so don’t worry!)

I’m now 3 weeks into university and I’m really enjoying myself. With living away from family I’ve now been forced to learn how to cook (plus I’ve run out of ready meals!).

I found another Eat Well for Less recipe to follow, which I’ve adapted slightly. This recipe is the most basic pasta recipe you’ll ever come across, so you can change it around if you need to.



Ingredients

· 300g Pasta (you can use any sort you want, I used Fuseli as it’s my favourite!)

· 1 packet of chopped tomatoes

· Pinch of onion powder

· Pinch of garlic granules

· Pinch of salt

· 250g of Mediterranean vegetables

· Parmesan Cheese

Method

1. Place pasta in a pan of water, add some salt and leave to boil. You know when pasta is ready as it goes soft. This usually takes 10 minutes, but keep checking the pasta!


2. Add the tomatoes, onion powder, garlic granules and Mediterranean vegetables into another pan. Wait until the pasta sauce starts to boil, then place a lid over and leave to simmer for 2 minutes.

3. Serve onto plate, add some grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!

Yummy pasta!

You can also serve with a side of garlic bread or whatever you want to. I had Pizza Express dough balls with my pasta as they were on offer for £1 at Tesco, YES!

This is such an easy recipe and the pasta is so easy to make. I hope you enjoy having a go at making your own pasta.

Do you know any simple recipes?



No comments: