Saturday 20 September 2014

Recent Reads

Hi!
   In my spare time I love to read as it winds me down, so here is what I have been reading recently!




Undone: Cat Clarke

Background: Jem and Kai (her gay best friend) have been friends forever. After one night at a party Kai goes and commits suicide. 1 month later Jem receives a package from Kai filled with letters to be opened every month for a year. During this year she goes on a journey of love, friendship and revenge.

Comment: I really enjoyed this book despite it being quite sad. The plot was really catchy and I just loved the drama that unfolded throughout the book.

A Kiss In The Dark: Cat Clarke

Background: Alex and Kate meet at a concert and fall in love instantly. The only problem is Alex is a girl and its not long before Kate finds out.

Comment: Every time I read bits of this book, I just couldn't put it down. I was very eager to find out what happened. I really liked how the book was split into 2 parts, Alex's and Kate's side of the story.

Sailor Moon 2

This is the 2nd book in the Sailor Moon series. Its different from all my other recent reads as this one is a manga novel. I love Sailor Moon and this book is fantastic. It left me on a cliffhanger and I'm desperate to read the 3rd book to find out what happens.

Pink: Lili Wilkinson

Background: Lesbian Ava (who is a goth) is going to a new school and wants a new image. She wears girly clothes and gets rid of the black dye from her hair. Ava soon makes friends with the popular girl, Alexis, and joins her pastel crew. However when she fails an audition she also becomes friends with the Screws. Ava is soon left confused of who is wants to be and which group she fits in with.

Comment: Another book I really enjoyed. I love all the typical teenage drama that unfolds in the book. I also liked the choices Ava makes.

I hope you enjoyed reading my reviews on these books and that you will give them a go. What have you been reading recently?








No comments: