Monday 7 July 2014

Seeing the Tour de France

Hiya!
    Last weekend was a very exciting weekend for me as me and my family went to see the Tour de France both on Saturday and Sunday

Saturday
On Saturday we went to a village named Reeth in the Yorkshire Moors to see the Tour de France. We arrived at about 7am and got bacon sandwiches from a stall. We then walked up a hill and found a good spot to see the Tour de France come past. At 1pm the caravan came through. The caravan is a parade of vehicles that drive past and some of the hand out gifts.
Here are some photo's I took of the Caravan









These are all the gifts I got from the caravan

Then at about 3pm the Tour de France came past and it was very exciting clapping and cheering the cyclists on.

Here is a photo I managed to get of the cyclists

Sunday
On Sunday we went to York to see the Tour de France again. Again we arrived at 7am and then waited for the Tour de France to come past. It was more exciting waiting for the Tour de France here because the security kept us entertained. At one point they even got us to do a massive mexican wave. Then at 9am the caravan came through again and I got some more gifts. At 11am the Tour de France zoomed past us. We had a very good spot as we were right on a corner.

Overall I loved seeing the Tour de France and it was a once in a life time opportunity.







No comments: