Saturday 25 January 2014

How To: Eat Healthy Tutorial


Healthy Eating. Yes it can seem like a chore but unfortunately we have to do it unless we want to suffer from health problems. I know we would all love to live on junk food but we can't do that. Instead we cut down on the junk food and eat as much healthy things possible. This tutorial will tell you how to eat as healthily as possible.


Breakfast
I wonder how many times we have heard breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well it is because it gives you the energy you need to start the day. Breakfast is one of my big let downs. On a weekday I'm rushing round on a morning getting ready for school so I'm not awake enough to be ready to eat breakfast. Consequently I don't eat it ( Yes I know its bad but it can't be helped). Instead I buy a healthy cereal bar from school at break and that keeps me going until lunch.

On a weekend it's different because I actually eat breakfast. Normally I eat 1 weetabix+fruit+juice+a cup of tea. If you have cereal you should drink fruit juice because it helps you to absorb the iron from the cereal. So a simple healthy breakfast plan is: Healthy cereal ( NO sugary ones)+ fruit juice + fresh fruit.


 Lunch
4/5 School days I take a packed lunch and I try to make it as healthy as possible. My packed lunch consists of a sandwich, a piece of fruit, a healthy treat ( flapjack or Kellogs biscuit moment and some juice. A healthy sandwich is made with a wholemeal bun or bread with cheese or meat on it. On a weekend I eat the same for lunch but I prepare a mini salad to go with it.

Dinner
This one is quite hard as my parents cook my dinner for me but usually 5/7 its healthy. A simple way to eat healthy at dinner is make sure your plate has at least 5 different colours on it. If they are mainly white,golden chances are it isn't healthy. If you follow the 5 colour rule for every meal you can't go wrong.


Snacks
If your hungry between meals you should eat a healthy snack. This could include fruit, nuts , cheese and crackers, vegetables with a yummy dip, flapjack, apple with peanut butter ect.




Junk Food
I love junk food as much as the next person but if I eat it constantly it's not going to do me any good at all. So I'm trying very hard to cut down by trying to eat junk food only once a week. For me my junk food day is Friday because I get pizza and chips for my lunch at school. Remember sweets,crisps,cake, chocolate and junk food are fine for you so long as you eat them in moderation.

Eating healthy will benefit you in so many different ways. It will help your hair, skin and give you loads of energy!!!

So if your stuck on how to eat healthy follow this simple tutorial.






No comments: