Sunday 24 November 2013

The Poem that I read

Bonjour chatons ( French for "Hello Kittens" (。♥‿♥。) )

Yesterday I came across an extract from a poem and it is now one of my favorite poems.
Here it is:

You are not a freak
You a not a loser
You are not fat
You are not ugly
You are not stupid
You are 60% water, 65% oxygen, 18% carbon and 100% human.
Do not hate your body, you are beautiful
Do not hate you scars. Love them. Learn from them
Be the person who can say " I didn't come out untouched. I was beaten down and torn apart and bleeding from the skin and heart. But I won"
You conquered the bloodiest battle and you are so brave


Us, being teenage girls, have probably all felt like this at some point. This poem got me thinking and it opened my heart and mind. How many of us have been called a nasty name repeatedly? I really
don't understand why people want to do that- its not funny, its not joking, banter ect. All your doing is making their life a misery. How many of us have been torn down or, even worse, torn someone down. I cant stand people who make other peoples life a misery for no reason. It wont hurt you not to call someone names- if you don't like someone just leave them alone!!! It would make society and the world a 100000000 times more nicer.

Sorry,rant over, I'm very passionate on this topic in case you haven't noticed. Moving on this poem has a very powerful message. Our journey through life isn't going to be easy, we will have to overcome obstacles (physical,emotional,mental) everyday but we will get through it. So to all those people who have been torn down or going through a hard time, I hope this poem gives you hope and you will get through it. If you ever see someone who is being torn down HELP THEM!!!! They will feel a million times better and you would make me a very happy bunny.



I hope this post makes people think and more importantly helps people out





No comments: