Sunday 17 November 2013

Moulettes and Manchester

Hello my vanilla cupcakes (✿◠‿◠)


On Friday night I went to a gig in Clitheroe to see... the Moulettes!!!
There is a story behind why we went to see them. About a year ago we went to see a group called the Levellers ( a very old group that my parents like and I grew up listening to their music) and the Moulettes were the support group. We all fell in love with their music instantly as they were amazing. They sing pretty unique songs- so let me tell you about their music.
I would say there music falls under the genre of folk. Now you may think OMG that's old wouldn't dare listen to it. Actually you would be surprised. There songs are very powerful and have a lot of meaning. Some of the songs the compose and sing are quite dark such as Bloodshed in the Woodshed. My favorite song is called Rumpelstiltskin's Jiggle. The violinist and the cellist play a tune together. It gradually gets faster and faster until the end of the song- no words at all. 
Overall I loved seeing the Moulettes perform again and even better after the gig I got to meet them!! They are lovely people and very talented. I strongly recommend you listen to their music, NOWWWW!!!


The Moulettes



Then, Yesterday, I went to Manchester with my parents and we had a brilliant time looking round the Christmas market. To begin with we bought drinks from a stall. Mine was a hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows and a chocolate flake. Now I have a little story that goes with this. The lady there put the hot chocolate down ( with a chocolate coin) and I was about to take it. Suddenly the lady said no that isnt yours ( it was for the lady standing next to me) So I let her take her hot chocolate and handed back her chocolate coin. Then mine came without a chocolate coin!!! I was bitterly disappointed but the hot chocolate was yummy.
Afterwards we looked round the stalls. There were craft stalls, jewelry, beauty products, clothes and food stalls galore. I particularly loved the little quirky stalls that sold unique gifts. To finish off we looked in a few shops and I bought my families Christmas presents and a few things for myself. So if you live near Manchester or don't then Go to the Christmas market and have a good look round!!!
The Market


 The Goodies I bought for myself




No comments: